Friday 29 January 2016

THE BEST BANANA BREAD


If I were a minion , I would be ba-naaaa-naaaaa over this bread certainly, most of my posts talk about a memory and this one isn't any different, as a kid,  while returning back from school and making guesses of what's going to be cooked for lunch used to be a daily routine, yes I've been that crazy about good food since and there is a no better chef to me than my grandmother , climbing up the staircase to the sweet and mellow aroma of cooked bananas always made me happy because i knew there is a banana bread for dessert. Unfortunately i couldn't get the recipe from her in time, hence i tried various variations to different recipes for the same taste, the failed attempts and countess tries did me good by finding this treasure. This is the closest i could get to my childhood memory and I'm glad to share it with you all.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 125 grams salted butter
  • 220 Gms or 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 eggs 
  • 3 over ripe bananas, Mashed , using over ripe black bananas is the trick , you will never get the best flavour and consistency otherwise 
  • 260 Gms or 1 3/4 cup flour   (maida)
  • 1 Tsp Baking soda
  • Chocolate chips 


METHOD:

  • Grease a 1 lt loaf pan, and preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
  • Using an electric whisker, whisk the butter and sugar, until pale and thick. 
  • Add in the eggs and mashed banana, mix until well combined.
  • Mix the flour and baking soda, whisk until the mixture is smooth. Mix a few of the chocolate chips as much you desire, they add a nice chocolatey crunch.
  • Spoon the batter in the loaf pan, sprinkle some chocolate chips on the batter and bake for 52-55 minutes, or until a skewer comes clean.

* Banana bread goes well with caramel sauce, nutella and peanut butter.
* Wrapped in a cling wrap , can stay for up to 2 month in the refrigerator
* You can toast banana bread as well and it tastes sinfully delicious with a glass of plain cold milk.




2 comments:

  1. This is a brilliant blog! I'm very happy with the comments!.. خبز البريوش

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your take on the issue. I now have a clear idea on what this matter is all about.. خبز البرجر

    ReplyDelete

Author

ADs