Wednesday 3 February 2016

ORANGE GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN


Savoury and fruit didn't appeal to my understanding before I experimented with apricots for one of my clients, we were all extremely pleased with the results of  those recipe. Hence i decided to experiment again with oranges and chicken, sounds unusual and tastes like a dream, keeping in mind the fruit centric healthy recipes for the blog, this one here is a complete meal with a balance of nutrients and burst of flavours and the presentation makes it a winner if you're trying to charm your loved one with some gourmet cooking this valentine's day. The chicken is flavoured with orange, honey, paprika and garlic, grilled to perfection and served on a mint mash potato bed and spiced orange jus.


INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 Chicken breasts
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil 
  • 1.5 Tbsp honey
  • 2.5 Tsp orange zest
  • Ginger garlic paste 1/2 Tbsp
  • 2 medium sized boiled potatoes
  • 1 Tbsp cream 
  • 1.5 Tsp dried mint leaves
  • 1 cup orange juice fresh/canned
  • 1 onion chopped finely
  • 5-7 cloves of garlic chopped finely
  • Salt and pepper as desired

METHOD:
  • Mix the honey, olive oil, ginger garlic paste, orange zest and paprika. Whisk well to combine all the elements together.
  • Pound the chicken, for even grilling its best to keep the thickness not more than 1/2 and inch.
  • Coat the chicken well with the honey-orange glaze we prepared in step 1.
  • I used an electric gill to grill the chicken, it took about 4-6 minutes on each side. the chicken can be pan seared too if you don't want it grilled.
  • FOR THE JUS: Drizzle about 1/2 a tsp of olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent, add a pinch a white pepper and salt as desired. Pour the orange juice and bring the mixture to a boil. Remove it from flame and sieve the mixture.
  • Was the boiled potatoes and add the cream and mint leaves to it.
PLATING : I plated my dish in a white bowl dish. I used a round mould to arrange my mash , placed my grilled chicken on the mash potato bed and poured the jus over my chicken. For garnishing I used flat leaf cilantro leaves.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

ADs